At a Glance
Products & Services: Pizza
Number of Locations: 4,733
Total Investment: $129.9K - $844.2K
Began Franchising: 1986
About Papa John's Int'l. Inc.John Schnatter dreamed of opening his own pizza restaurant from the time he was a high school student working at a local pizza parlor in Jeffersonville, Indiana. After getting his business degree from Ball State University in 1983, he returned home, knocked down the broom closet in his father's tavern, sold his car to buy used restaurant equipment and began delivering pizzas.
The first Papa John's restaurant opened in 1985, and the company began franchising in 1986. Today, Schnatter's dream has resulted in thousands of Papa John's restaurants worldwide.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $0 - $25,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: Franchise fee waived, free set of ovens, reduced royalty for 4 years, $3,000 food purchase credit
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $250,000
Liquid Cash Available: $50,000
Operations61% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 20 - 20. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed..
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- How a Love of Healthy Food Led to a Beneficial Career Change
- Each Thanksgiving, This Franchisee Stops Selling and Starts Serving (From the Heart)
- 5 Questions to Help You Determine the Right Franchise for You
- Meet the Franchisor Offering Manly Pedicures
- U.S. Air Force Veteran Makes Old Spaces Feel New Again at Kitchen Tune-Up