At a Glance
Products & Services: Burgers, chicken, biscuits
Number of Locations: 1,995
Total Investment: $1.3M - $1.6M
Began Franchising: 1962
About Hardee'sWilber Hardee opened his first restaurant in Greenville, North Carolina, in 1960, and just five months later he had his first franchisee. Hardee's restaurants, which serve biscuits, burgers and chicken, have since spread throughout the Midwestern and Southeastern U.S.
In 1997, Hardee's was acquired by California-based CKE Restaurants Inc., franchisor of Carl's Jr. Restaurants.
Franchisor is seeking new units in Africa, Asia, Australia/New Zealand, Canada, Central America, Eastern Europe, Mexico, Philippines, South America, Western Europe.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $25,000 - $35,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 4%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 20 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 10% off franchise fee
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $1,000,000
Liquid Cash Available: $300,000
Operations100% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed..
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Is the Year of the Bun Over? Wendy's Ends Pretzel Burger.
- This Mega Deal Means Carl's Jr. and Hardee's Are Now in the Same Family as Arby's, Auntie Anne's and Cinnabon
- Why Burger King Just Shut Down 89 of Its Franchises in Germany
- Restaurants Ask Customers to #DineSmall on Small Business Saturday
- How These Subway Owners Decided to Open a Teriyaki Madness Franchise