At a Glance
Products & Services: Pizza, breadsticks
Number of Locations: 62
Total Investment: $362.1K - $548.6K
Began Franchising: 2000
About Toppers PizzaScott Gittrich got his start in the pizza world working as a deliver driver for Domino's while attending the University of Illinois in 1984. He worked his way up to director of operations for a group of Domino's franchises before deciding in 1991 to open his own pizza restaurant: Toppers. The company began franchising in 2000.
Toppers' menu features specialty pizzas with toppings such as French-fried onions, oven-roasted tomatoes, mac 'n cheese and tater tots, along with the company's signature cheesy breadsticks called Topperstix.
Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Midwest, Northeast, South, Southeast, Southwest, West, Wisconsin.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $30,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5.5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 5 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: $10,000 off franchise fee
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $400,000
Liquid Cash Available: $150,000
Operations80% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Franchise Ranking History
- A Franchise That Develops Leaders Was Just What This Military Veteran Was Looking For
- 5 Uncomfortable Questions Asked at McDonald's Company Shareholders' Meeting
- Why This Air Force Veteran Decided to Become a Franchisee of a Brand She Loved as a Kid
- The CEO of Carl's Jr. Doesn't Care If You're Offended by the Chain's Sexy Ads
- From Award-Winning High School Entrepreneur to Edible Arrangements Franchisee