The Human Bean Drive Thru
At a Glance
Products & Services: Specialty coffee
Number of Locations: 49
Total Investment: $164.3K - $646K
Began Franchising: 2002
About The Human Bean Drive ThruThe Human Bean opened its first store in Ashland, Oregon, in 1998, and more locations were added throughout southern Oregon over the next five years. Franchising of the drive-thru espresso brand began in 2002.
The company's Farm Friendly Direct program encourages environmentally sustainable growing, harvesting and processing methods, rewarding the farmers the company works with by offering above-market prices and using the extra money to fund improvement projects in their communities.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $20,000
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $350,000
Liquid Cash Available: $50,000
Operations10% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 5. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (90% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Franchise Ranking History
- 'Nightmare Before Christmas': Labor Board Doubles Down on McDonald's Role in Labor Violations
- McDonald's Boosts McNuggets Sales With iBeacon Test
- Lessons Learned From 13 Years in the Lawn Care Industry
- How Busted Phones Created a Booming Business
- A Globe-Trotting Veteran Takes on the Home Inspection Business