Preferred Care at Home
At a Glance
Products & Services: Senior home care
Number of Locations: 77
Total Investment: $62.5K - $84.5K
Began Franchising: 2007
About Preferred Care at HomeAs a registered nurse, Lois Whitesell recognized a need for in-home care to allow seniors to avoid being moved into nursing homes. She approached her daughter (also a nurse) and son-in-law, Jody and Frank Guerrieri, with her idea, and together they opened a home health-care agency in central Florida.
The Guerrieris began franchising Preferred Care at Home in 2007. Franchisees offer live-in care, hospital-to-home care, companion and personal care, end-of-life care and nursing care services.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $43,500
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: Term of agreement renewable
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
- Midlife Crisis? Ronald McDonald Gets a Makeover, Joins Twitter
- Franchise Players: This Former Stay-at-Home Mom Takes on Home Inspection Franchising
- Why China Is Just as Important as Breakfast in the Fast-Food Wars
- Franchise Players: A 19-Year-Old-Theater School Franchisee on Discipline
- McDonald's Profit Slips in Chilly First Quarter. Will Yum Brands Fare Better?