How do you enforce a business contract?

We sold our business to another company based on a contract that laid out terms for payment in regular installments over a couple of years. After a few installment payments, the company stopped making payments. How can we enforce payment?
  • ---Shares

Absent an arbitration agreement in the contract (or a written consent to arbitrate signed by all of the parties), you may enforce the contract by bringing a lawsuit in the appropriate court.  The court and its location will be determined by the locations of the parties, where the contract was negotiated and/or signed, and/or where the contract was to have been carried out.

Find the Right Franchise for You

Complete our short quiz to pinpoint your perfect franchise match.
Find Your Franchise