My Queue

Your Queue is empty

Click on the next to articles to add them to your Queue

How do I prevent legal conflicts when hiring employees from abroad?

I'm planning to open a design business, however I want to hire some designers abroad. What legal steps should I take in order to have no legal conflicts? Should I pay social security benefits to them here? Or should all the benefits be paid in the country they are working in?
<P>The steps you need to take depend on whether you want to hire someone from overseas to work in the United States or want to contract with someone to perform services for you from their own location overseas.  If you are contracting with people overseas who will be performing the services there, it may not be necessary to pay social security benefits to them here (although it may be required by treaty that you pay into the foreign country's social benefits system on their behalf).  Your next steps should include consulting with an immigration attorney and the consulate/embassy of the country whose workers you want to hire.</P>