These days we could all stand to save some money. Follow the tips in these stories and you could save as much as $7500.
- 5 Great Technology Bargains »
- Cheap Printing: 5 Ways to Save Bucks on Ink and Paper »
- Get Your Cell Phone Charges Under Control »
- Cheap HDTV and Home Theater Tricks »
- 8 Web Sites That Will Save You Cash »
- 4 Ways to Save Money on Software »
- 4 Green Technology Tips That Will Save You Money »
- How to Spot a Technology Money-Waster »
A friend of mine recently bought a fancy new MacBook Air. He struggled with paying the "Apple tax," but decided the razor-thin laptop was worth the $1799 price tag. Then, about a month later, he made a startling discovery: Apple was selling refurbished Airs for just $999. Had he poked around the company's online store instead of giving in to retail temptation, he could have been $800 richer.
I don't like it when shoppers pay more than they need to. And given the economy's parlous state, we all need to be careful with our tech dollars. So it's a good time for a refresher course in the tricks of the cheapskate trade.
This isn't chump change I'm talking about; over the course of a year, the 31 tips in this series (see the list below) could save you more than $7500. Granted, that figure is based on my ballpark estimates, and I'm a fairly heavy shopper (rarely does a week or two go by without my ordering something). Your results will likely be different--but should still amount to some serious money.
Brought to you by PCWorld