10 Winning Promotions
Tips for successful promotions.
1. Host an open house and invite the local media and residents to sample your product or service.
2. Distribute fliers door to door in your community, or on the windshields of cars in nearby parking lots.
3. Post eye-catching announcements about your offerings on bulletin boards and kiosks in heavily traveled areas. Be sure to include tear-off slips on the bottom of each announcement that include your business name, telephone number, and brief product description so interested individuals can easily take that information with them.
4. Purchase and display magnetic signs--with your business name, telephone number, logo and offerings information--on the sides of your car.
5. Invest in attractive business cards and letterhead that will convey a sense of professionalism.
6. Persuade established businesses in your area to distribute promotional literature about your product or service, or to make it available on their counters.
7. Create and distribute direct-mail postcards, letters or brochures highlighting the benefits of your offerings.
8. Take out an ad in the Yellow Pages of your local telephone book.
9. Send a press release to local media outlets in hopes that they will do a story about your business for free. Stress a unique product feature or service advantage so that editors will view the story as "news."
10. Encourage satisfied customers to share their experiences and pass your name along to others.
Entrepreneur Editors' Picks
How Millionaires Prepare for a Recession, According to a Former Wall Street Trader
5 Self-Care Habits of Every Successful Entrepreneur
Listen Closely to What People Ask You. That's Where to Find Your Hidden Power.
Gen Z Customers Want More. This 3-Step Strategy Will Help Your Company Give It to Them.
This Founder Was Madly Pulling a Pandemic Pivot When...the FBI Showed Up at Her Door With Guns, Seized Her Money and Told Her Husband He Was the Target of a Criminal Investigation
Take Customer Service to the Next Level With These Service-Based Franchises
Define Your Short-Term Goals With These 3 Components for Long-Term Success