How Blockchain, AR, and Gamification Will Solve Social Media Problems
Social media (SM) apps have been a popular pastime for at least a decade. Just consider the following astonishing facts:
- There are 2.34 billion social media users in the world.
- In 2017, 81 percent of the US population had at least one social networking profile.
- As a new UCL-led study suggests, teenagers are far more likely to spend their time on social media and gaming after school than they are to be doing homework.
- Facebook is still the most popular social media app with 87 percent of social media app users checking it at least once a day.
- 72 percent of people consume news via social network apps.
To make it more epic, and by 2020, the number of social media users is expected to reach 2.95 billion. Therefore, SM certainly opens doors to a lot of opportunities but also to many challenges. Indeed, despite such massive interest, social media applications have a lot of problems. Let’s name a few.
Major problems social media applications deal with
- Lack of privacy. The majority of social media accounts offer poor personal data protection. Just for the record, after the Facebook–Cambridge Analytica data scandal (The personally identifiable information of up to 87 million FB users was used to influence voter opinion on behalf of politicians who hired them) the era of traditional social media is about to come to an end.
- Lack of engagement. SM facilitates online networks, building new friendships or relationships, while making people often feel awkward when meeting new people offline.
- More of the same. People are tired of traditional SM solutions and are looking for some new form of SM entertainment.
Any solutions? New technologies
The social media app titled Selfie GO promises to solve all these issues. The app has an innovative philosophy when it comes to interactions between users within social networks. By combining social media, AR (Augmented Reality) and blockchain technologies it offers something different and refreshing, and does help to solve the common issues that most SM apps deal with. Let’s find out how.
Relationships built naturally via AR
Unlike classic social networks that don’t offer any motivation for building new, long-lasting friendships, Selfie GO encourages users to make new acquaintances and find true friends by means of AR and gamification. You can share photos, participate in weekly tournaments and create your own content and get rewarded for that. Geolocation and augmented reality make it possible to create a more valuable and engaging news feed, based not only on personal connections and interests but also on the surrounding events.
A unique form of gamification that engages and rewards
Selfie GO unites people of different generations and helps its users to overcome communication issues. Moreover, you can earn digital money just for being an active user.
Since very few people still use crypto and know how blockchain actually works, Selfie GO aims to bring the world of crypto & blockchain closer to people. In that way, unlike Facebook and Telegram that have to implement crypto into the already existing apps, Selfie GO already has its own cryptosystem at the first stage of development and has all chances to become a technology pioneer and a leader in blockchain integration standards implementation. As to the inner app options, it will provide its own marketplace, token transfer system, internal targeted advertising platform that allows to place advertising and native materials on special augmented reality geo-objects located in social gathering places such as local attractions, shopping malls, schools, universities, and etc.
By uniting social networks, augmented reality and blockchain technology, Selfie GO creates the possibility for a more interactive, trusted and rewarding experience on social media.