Fighting the "Home-Alone Blues"
Are you a typical homebased entrepreneur frequently battling the "home-alone blues"? Try these ideas to fight off the isolation:
- Join your local chamber of commerce or a homebased or industry association-and attend the meetings. Networking is critical to growing businesses.
- Get out of the house. Schedule some meetings with clients over a meal. Or make sure you meet your friends or former co-workers for lunch or drinks at least once a month.
- Take a class.
- Attend conferences or trade shows.
- Give speeches about your business. You'll not only establish you expertise, but it's also a great way to market your business.
- Join forces with another homebased business owner. This is a great way to expand your client base.
- Finally, reward yourself. Take some time off, but remember to spend it outside your home.
Excerpted from Get Smart: 365 Tips To Boost Your Entrepreneurial IQ