Crypto Stocks: Why RIOT, MARA, COIN and BTBT Are Falling Today
InvestorPlace - Stock Market News, Stock Advice & Trading Tips Crypto stocks aren't doing so hot today and it's all thanks to recent news out of C...
Crypto stocks aren’t doing so hot today and it’s all thanks to recent news out of China.
The country is cracking down even harder on crypto with new bans from regulators. That includes China’s central bank banning all crypto transactions. Other regulators in the country are also putting in place news restrictions that stop the mining of crypto in China.
China choosing to ban anything to do with crypto is a major blow to the space and easily explains why some stocks are falling today. After all, the world’s second-largest economy just brought down a hammer on the crypto market.
Investors that want more details about the China crypto ban can find it here.
Due to this, several crypto stocks are dropping hard today. Let’s jump into those below!
Crypto Stocks Falling
- Riot Blockchain (NASDAQ:RIOT) stock starts us off with shares taking an almost 7% beating as of this writing.
- Marathon Digital (NASDAQ:MARA) shares are up next with an almost 7% decline as of Friday morning.
- Coinbase Global (NASDAQ:COIN) stock also isn’t taking today’s news well with shares dipping more than 2%.
- Bit Digital (NASDAQ:BTBT) is also feeling the heat from China’s ban with shares decreasing roughly 5% this morning.
It will also come as no surprise to traders that cryptos themselves are also falling today considering the China ban. You can find out more about that by following this link!
Investors that want more of the latest crypto news will want to stick around.
We’ve got all the most recent crypto coverage that traders need to know about. A few examples of it include the latest news for Ethereum (CCC:ETH-USD), Bitcoin (CCC:BTC-USD), and Litecoin (CCC:LTC-USD). You can get all of those details by checking out the links below!
More Recent Crypto News
- Ethereum Holders Face Some Hard Questions Ahead In Unpredictable Market
- If Bitcoin Really Is Digital Gold, Then $500,000 Is the Next Stop
- Litecoin Is an Interesting Crypto With a Huge Upside
On the date of publication, William White did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer, subject to the InvestorPlace.com Publishing Guidelines.
More From InvestorPlace
- Stock Prodigy Who Found NIO at $2… Says Buy THIS Now
- Analyst Who Found Microsoft at $0.38 Names #1 Pick for the AI Boom
- America’s #1 EV Stock Still Flying Under the Radar
The post Crypto Stocks: Why RIOT, MARA, COIN and BTBT Are Falling Today appeared first on InvestorPlace.