How did COVID Reshape Retail and Goods Production?
This is the biggest macro issue today.
How did COVID Reshape Retail and Goods Production? Our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank, is going to fill us in now.
1. To put some context to this, how many retail establishments are there here in the U.S.?
2. That number covers all types of retail correct?
3. Retail sales fell in March of 2020. But now we’re seeing a pick-up in monthly sales activity. Does this cut across all retail?
4. What’s the primary driver for this?
5. How does consumers purchasing larger quantities, especially at the grocery store, factor in to this?
6. Is consumers change in their spending habits here to stay?
7. What was the big change in consumer goods production caused by COVID?
8. According to published reports, supply chain disruptions globally are causing retailers to over order merchandise. Do you see that making things even worse especially for the holiday shopping season?
Our Chief Equity Strategist and Economist, John Blank, keying in on COVID’s impact on retail for us. With John, I’m Terry Ruffolo.
Bitcoin, Like the Internet Itself, Could Change Everything
Blockchain and cryptocurrency has sparked one of the most exciting discussion topics of a generation. Some call it the “Internet of Money” and predict it could change the way money works forever. If true, it could do to banks what Netflix did to Blockbuster and Amazon did to Sears. Experts agree we’re still in the early stages of this technology, and as it grows, it will create several investing opportunities.
Zacks’ has just revealed 3 companies that can help investors capitalize on the explosive profit potential of Bitcoin and the other cryptocurrencies with significantly less volatility than buying them directly.See 3 crypto-related stocks now >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Walmart Inc. (WMT): Free Stock Analysis Report
The Kroger Co. (KR): Free Stock Analysis Report
WilliamsSonoma, Inc. (WSM): Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research