Protecting Your Company's Fleet
No matter how safe you think it is, the area where your company's cars are parked may still be under-protected. Here are some tips from the National Insurance Crime Bureau to help you deter thieves:
- Keep your parking area well lit.
- Post reminders to lock car doors and windows.
- Don't leave cell phones and other tempting equipment in plain view.
- Don't attach alarm decals to your car windows. They only serve to tell thieves which alarm you have installed.
- Have your Vehicle Identification Number professionally etched on your car windows to help in recovery and identification.
- Don't forget that insurance is your only absolute protection. Check with your carrier to see if installing security devices earns you a discount.