Prepare For Retirement
Chances are you're going to live a good, long life. Are you financially prepared for it?
Follow these tips to make sure your money is working as hard as you are.
- Are you saving enough money? Start building your nest egg now by saving at least 10 percent of your annual income.
- Do you have an IRA, a 401(k) or SEP plan? If not, start one today.
- Where are your investments? Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Make sure your investments are diversified.
- Do you know where your money goes? For one month, keep close track of how you spend your money. You'll be amazed by what you uncover.
- Are you prepared for life's big events? School costs, a new house, a wedding? You need a targeted savings plan for these circumstances.
Most important, find a financial advisor you like and trust. Ask for their advice -- and follow it!
Excerpted from Get Smart: 365 Tips to Boost Your Entrepreneurial IQ
Entrepreneur Editors' Picks
These Co-Founders Are Using 'Quiet Confidence' to Flip the Script on Cutthroat Startup Culture and Make Their Mark on a $46 Billion Industry
My 7-Year-Old Daughter Started Selling Eggs. Here's What She Taught Me About Running a Startup.
Why You Need to Become an Inclusive Leader (and How to Do It)
Career Transitions You Can Make in Your 40s and 50s
Billionaire Naveen Jain Is an Expert at Disrupting Fields He Has No Experience In. His Secret Sauce for Building Multi-Million Dollar Companies? 'You Have to Come as Naive.'
4 Principles to Develop Next-Level Leadership at Your Company
This Filipino American Founder Is Disrupting the Beverage Aisle by Introducing New Flavors to the Crowded Bubbly Water Market