Subscribe to Entrepreneur for $5

Keep It Legal

Need to know how to keep your business on the up and up? Check out these links.

This story appears in the April 2002 issue of Teen Startups.

( - Getting ready to start a business? It's always a good idea to consult a lawyer or a certified public accountant about the legal structure of your business and any legal steps you need to take.

Regulations about legal requirements for small businesses vary greatly from state to state, and even city to city. If you aren't sure what's required where you live, here is a checklist for researching the regulations that apply to you.

Continue Reading This Article—And Everything on Entrepreneur!

Become a member to get unlimited access to for less than $1 per week* and support the voices you want to hear more from.*Billed annually at $49/year. Cancel anytime.