Go for Your Goals
A clear vision of what you want to accomplish will help you achieve your dreams.
Every entrepreneur has--or should have--goals. But do you know how to effectively accomplish them?
- Put them in writing. Though it sounds simple, this task is often the difference between goals that remain dreams and those that become accomplishments.
- Challenge yourself. Sure, you must always be true to yourself. But to reach new heights, you have to push beyond your previous limits.
- Distinguish between long- and short-term goals. Short-term goals are the building blocks for your long-term vision. They should not read like a to-do list.
- Focus on the goal, not the journey. It's too easy to lose sight of your goals when life has a nasty habit of interfering. Sometimes it helps to post your goals where you can see them often.
- Be flexible about how you will achieve your goals. Trust your intuition, and never expect your goals to happen the way you planned.
Excerpted from Get Smart: 365 Tips To Boost Your Entrepreneurial IQ
Entrepreneur Editors' Picks
These Co-Founders Are Using 'Quiet Confidence' to Flip the Script on Cutthroat Startup Culture and Make Their Mark on a $46 Billion Industry
My 7-Year-Old Daughter Started Selling Eggs. Here's What She Taught Me About Running a Startup.
Why You Need to Become an Inclusive Leader (and How to Do It)
Career Transitions You Can Make in Your 40s and 50s
Billionaire Naveen Jain Is an Expert at Disrupting Fields He Has No Experience In. His Secret Sauce for Building Multi-Million Dollar Companies? 'You Have to Come as Naive.'
4 Principles to Develop Next-Level Leadership at Your Company
This Filipino American Founder Is Disrupting the Beverage Aisle by Introducing New Flavors to the Crowded Bubbly Water Market