Direct Mail Checklist
These tips make cost-cutting easy.
Looking for ways to prune postal bloat? The Direct Marketing Association offers this checklist of cost-cutting ideas:
- Fine-tune your mailing list.
- Stop mailing to duplicate names.
- Eliminate nonresponders and marginal prospects.
- Be sure you're using accurate addresses.
- Check for correct ZIP codes.
- Watch for mail shipped to wrong apartment or suite numbers.
- Check for missing directionals, such "N." for "North."
- Take advantage of postal discounts and services.
- Use the USPS's National Change of Address list to keep your mailing list current.
- Print "Address Correction Requested" on the face of your mail.
- Investigate commingling your mail with that of other small mailers to take advantage of discounts available mainly to large mailers.
- Print your bar-coded ZIP+4 on Business Reply Mail.
- Stockpile mail to build up larger volumes.
Entrepreneur Editors' Picks
These Co-Founders Are Using 'Quiet Confidence' to Flip the Script on Cutthroat Startup Culture and Make Their Mark on a $46 Billion Industry
My 7-Year-Old Daughter Started Selling Eggs. Here's What She Taught Me About Running a Startup.
Why You Need to Become an Inclusive Leader (and How to Do It)
Career Transitions You Can Make in Your 40s and 50s
Billionaire Naveen Jain Is an Expert at Disrupting Fields He Has No Experience In. His Secret Sauce for Building Multi-Million Dollar Companies? 'You Have to Come as Naive.'
4 Principles to Develop Next-Level Leadership at Your Company
This Filipino American Founder Is Disrupting the Beverage Aisle by Introducing New Flavors to the Crowded Bubbly Water Market