Almost Famous Harness the power of PR, and make your business a rising star.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
If you think your homebased business is too small to garnerpublicity in newspapers, magazines or on TV and radio, think again.With millions fascinated by homebased businesses, there's neverbeen a better time for homebased entrepreneurs to get publicity. Touse publicity effectively, understand its "FiveW's":
- Why should a homebased business seekpublicity? Compared to advertising, publicity isvirtually free-your only costs are materials, mailing and phonecalls. Also, people believe if you've been covered by themedia, you must be for real-so you've got built-in credibility.Plus, if the national media picks up your story, you'll get farwider exposure than an ad in your local paper could everobtain.
- Where should you publicize yourbusiness? Target the media that reach your potentialcustomers. Which magazines and newspapers do they read? What radiostations do they listen to? What TV programs do they watch?
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
Join the internet’s leading entrepreneur community! With your subscription you’ll get:
- Access to all of our premium content and an ad-free experience
- A complimentary subscription to Entrepreneur Magazine
- Four free e-books a year and 20% off everything from our bookstore
- Exclusive events with business celebrities and successful entrepreneurs