Choose a Business Structure
Questions that will help you decide.
When making a decision about which business structure to use,answering the following questions should help you narrow down whichentity is right for you:
- How many owners will your company have, and what will theirroles be?
- Are you concerned about the tax consequences of yourbusiness?
- Do you want to consider having employees become owners in thecompany?
- Can you deal with added costs that come with selecting acomplicated business structure?
- How much paperwork are you prepared to deal with?
- Do you want to make all the decisions in the company?
- Are you planning to go public?
- Do you want to protect your personal resources from debts orother claims against your company?
- Are family succession issues a concern?
Excerpted from Start Your Own Business: The Only Start-Up GuideYou'll Ever Need