E-Mail Expertise, Part 2 The final 6 ways you can tap into the power of e-mail
7. Provide useful information. There's a bigdifference between information and hype, and your readers knowit.
8. Create an e-mail library. As you develop successfulmessages and signatures, save and reuse them. You might also wantto save your outgoing messages so you'll know what you saidwhere and when. And remember this rule: Don't say anythingonline that you wouldn't want printed on the front page ofThe New York Times.
9. Don't contribute to an online discussion unless youhave something interesting and relevant to say. If you're atime-waster, you'll become known as a business to avoid.
10. Test your image. Try out your messages on selectindividuals before sending them to the masses.
11. Test your markets. Stay in regular contact withformer customers and prospects to stay fresh in their minds.
12. Build and use an e-mail list. In time, it will becomeone of your most precious business assets. You should also becomemore familiar with online classified ads, e-zines and newslettersthat reach your market.