Before You Write an Ad.
.answer these basic questions about your business.
Whether your advertising strategy relies on humor, shocktreatment, celebrity testimonial or educational tactics, don'tforget to ask yourself these basic questions before writing anyad:
- Who is my target audience?
- What are the general ages, lifestyles and interests of thesepeople?
- What is the state of my product (new, old, updated)?
- What's the one thing I want to tell prospects about in thead (such as fastest service, cheapest prices, most friendlystaff)?
- What is the ultimate objective of this ad (traffic, nameawareness, differentiation from the competition)?
Excerpted from Entrepreneur magazine, May 2001