These are the milestones you'll remember 2003 by. Hope you take advantage.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
This year promises to be a big one for anniversaries. A hundredyears ago, the Wright brothers flew and Harley Davidson began torumble. In 1803, Lewis and Clark set out to explore the LouisianaPurchase. But 2003 will also hold momentous events of its ownspelling challenges and opportunities for entrepreneurs:
- DVD Becomes Ubiquitous: DVDplayers crossed a threshold in 2002: They're now in 33 percentof U.S. homes. That's caused several movie studios to stopdistributing films on VHS tape. But most DVD players lack VHS'prime benefit: recording.
DVD recordables are still $800-plus products, says Tara Dunion,director of the Consumer Electronics Association. That meansthere's a short-term opportunity providing a service to converttreasured tapes to DVD format (think wedding and baby videos).
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
For just $5, you can get unlimited access to all Entrepreneur’s premium content. You’ll find:
- Digestible insight on how to be a better entrepreneur and leader
- Lessons for starting and growing a business from our expert network of CEOs and founders
- Meaningful content to help you make sharper decisions
- Business and life hacks to help you stay ahead of the curve