Extra Special Booking sites offer more bang for your buck--and then some.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
Many low-fare carriers now offer special online booking sites for companies willing to book directly with them instead of through travel agencies. All the programs are free-there are no sign-up or transaction fees as there are with online agencies. Since the carriers already offer significant discounts, don't expect more price breaks, but look for perks like these:
- AirTran-A2B Corporate Travel: AirTran nixes change and refund fees for members flying on all but its least expensive sale fares. Members also get advance seat selection, frequent-flier bonuses and priority boarding. Upgrades to business class are $35 to $50, but members who pay nonsale fares can upgrade free of charge. Visit www.airtran.com/programs/a2b.
- JetBlue-CompanyBlue: In addition to JetBlue's well-known perks like live satellite TV and leather seats, members get benefits like free flights if travelers are delayed more than two hours due to nonweather events. CompanyBlue also offers travel reports that track air travel spending, itineraries and flight credits. Visit www.jetblue.com/companyblue.
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
Join the internet’s leading entrepreneur community! With your subscription you’ll get:
- Access to all of our premium content and an ad-free experience
- A complimentary subscription to Entrepreneur Magazine
- Four free e-books a year and 20% off everything from our bookstore
- Exclusive events with business celebrities and successful entrepreneurs