Help Is On the Way
Resuscitate your retail biz without spending big bucks.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
In the competitive retail landscape, shop owners can always usenew tools and resources, especially if they're free orlow-cost. Here's a crop to consider:
- Marketing Experiments Journal: To see whattactics actually work for retailers, this group of analysts doesspecific research on a wide variety of marketing topics withbudgets ranging from $4,500 to more than $100,000. They thenpublish the results and host free web clinics at www.marketingexperiments.com, so those interested canlearn to apply specific marketing techniques in their ownbusinesses.
- National retail federation e-newsletters: The NRFcaptures the week's retailing news and puts it in your inboxwith its weekday e-newsletter, NRF Smartbrief. To subscribefor free, go to www.nrf.com and select "Publications," thenclick "Newsletters."
- Retail Concepts:Success in Store: Guides to GettingRetail Right is a series of electronic manuals on varioustopics related to retailing, from merchandising and store design tomanaging finances and back-office tasks. Business owners can buyone, a few or the entire series. Each manual comes with interactiveprompts so users can get specific feedback from the Retail Conceptsteam. The manuals, which cost $9.99 to $99, are updated regularlyto keep them current. See www.retailconcepts.com.
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
For just $5, you can get unlimited access to all Entrepreneur’s premium content. You’ll find:
- Digestible insight on how to be a better entrepreneur and leader
- Lessons for starting and growing a business from our expert network of CEOs and founders
- Meaningful content to help you make sharper decisions
- Business and life hacks to help you stay ahead of the curve