Recharge Your Battery
All the energy you need to keep going and going and going . . .
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
Energy descends from the Greek "energeia," meaning"activity," which is in turn derived from another Greekword, "ergon," which means "work." So it'sno coincidence that the amount of energy you have determines yourability to do work. What's the best way to get your naturalenergy to help you perform at your best? It doesn't take muchto make a major difference. All you really need to do is changeyour FRAME of reference:
- Food: Eat a balanced diet.Common sense tells you to include lots of water, fruit, vegetables,and nuts and grains.
- Rest: The National SleepFoundation estimates fatigue is to blame for up to 90 percent ofall industrial accidents and costs businesses $18 billion a year inlost productivity. The answer? A quick 15- to 20-minute nap abouteight hours after you wake up.
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
For just $5, you can get unlimited access to all Entrepreneur’s premium content. You’ll find:
- Digestible insight on how to be a better entrepreneur and leader
- Lessons for starting and growing a business from our expert network of CEOs and founders
- Meaningful content to help you make sharper decisions
- Business and life hacks to help you stay ahead of the curve