Marketing Buzz 9/01
Becoming an author could be good for business.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
Want to position yourself as an expert, enhancing your exposureand credibility in the marketplace? Getting a book published is agreat way to do it. But to sell a publisher on your book idea, youmust first put together a winning book proposal. Just think of itas a business plan for your book. As with a real business plan,there are seven basic components:
1. Introduction: You need tosell the publisher on what your book can do for readers. Forinstance, how will you help readers make and save money, livehealthier and longer lives, or improve their businesses?
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
For just $5, you can get unlimited access to all Entrepreneur’s premium content. You’ll find:
- Digestible insight on how to be a better entrepreneur and leader
- Lessons for starting and growing a business from our expert network of CEOs and founders
- Meaningful content to help you make sharper decisions
- Business and life hacks to help you stay ahead of the curve