Creating Good Ad Copy
Simply put, an ad should be interesting to read.
This is, obviously, easier said than done, but keep the fourbasic elements of an ad in mind (clarity, simplicity, impulse toaction and intrusiveness), and follow these basic guidelines fromadvertising copywriters:
- Use an active voice, not a passive voice.
- Use energetic verbs and phrases, not dull or tepid ones.
- Be specific, not general or abstract.
- Use "you"--speak to the customer. You'reexplaining a desirable benefit to another human being.
- Make your ad no longer than it has to be. And how long is that?As long as it takes to communicate your key benefit to yourcustomer.
- Keep headlines short.