The Time Is Now
Stop procrastinating and get back to work.
Sometimes it's easier to put things off than to handle themright away. Easier, but not smarter. Here are several ways to helpyou jump-start your next project and avoid a last-minute timecrunch:
- First, use a to-do list-whether on paper, in an electronicorganizer or on your PC-to record everything you need to do.
- Give each task on your list a priority, either by listing themore important tasks at the top or by using a numeric system (No. 1for high-priority tasks, No. 2 for less important tasks, and soon).
- Refer to your list often while you're working, and ifyou're still having trouble getting started, work on a quickNo. 3 or easy task. After completing a simple task, you'll beready to tackle bigger ones.
- Reward yourself for completing various aspects of a project. Areward may be as simple as taking a walk around the block orreading part of your favorite magazine.
- Don't beat yourself up. Realize that you're not theonly person who has trouble getting started on variousprojects.
If you're still having trouble getting started, use one ofthese methods to make your tasks a bit more manageable and fun:
Entrepreneur Editors' Picks
How an Encounter With the 'Armpit of Destiny' Helped the Founder of Grubhub Take His Business From His Apartment to a $2 Billion IPO
You Can Train Your Brain to React to Stressful Situations Better. Here's the 3-Step Process.
A Disastrous Valentine's Day Inspired This Founder to Launch Her Own Floral Brand. It Became a Celebrity Magnet With Retail Revenue Up 450% Since 2019.
What Is Your Dream Job? Ask Yourself These 4 Questions to Find Out.
This Is the Crazy Process This Juice Franchise Went Through to Get USDA-Certified Organic. But It Sure Has Paid Off.
No One Would Rent Me a Café in Trendy NYC Neighborhoods, So I Tried Something Risky. Now I Have 3 Coffee Shops.