10 ways to know if you're getting an equal slice of the pie
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
Whether it's a commission, a participation, a royalty orequity, when deal makers talk about taking "a piece of theaction," they usually mean some kind of percentage. It maysound simple, but in the real world, cutting someone a fair sliceis not. Here are some things to think about:
1. Is itjustified? Percentages can mean big upsides. Reserve theserewards for those who really bring value to the table-usuallythe people or companies that are key to the venture, or thosetaking an unusual amount of risk.
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
For just $5, you can get unlimited access to all Entrepreneur’s premium content. You’ll find:
- Digestible insight on how to be a better entrepreneur and leader
- Lessons for starting and growing a business from our expert network of CEOs and founders
- Meaningful content to help you make sharper decisions
- Business and life hacks to help you stay ahead of the curve