Don't Be a Stranger
Get the scoop on the other side before you meet them at the bargaining table.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
If you don't know exactly who you're up against, youcould shake on a deal and walk away missing a few fingers. Improveyour chances of success by finding out in advance the answers tothese questions:
1. Who's got the upperhand? Few negotiations occur between evenly matchedplayers. How do you stack up against your opponent? Who's gotsuperior leverage, bargaining skills or momentum? Who wants thedeal more? Strategy starts with assessing the other side'sstrengths and weaknesses, as well as your own.
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
For just $5, you can get unlimited access to all Entrepreneur’s premium content. You’ll find:
- Digestible insight on how to be a better entrepreneur and leader
- Lessons for starting and growing a business from our expert network of CEOs and founders
- Meaningful content to help you make sharper decisions
- Business and life hacks to help you stay ahead of the curve