3 Steps to Landing a Big Account Want to land that big account, but not sure how to get to the top? Climb the ladder to success in 3 simple steps.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
The toughest accounts to land are usually the largest and most profitable accounts, too. Everyone wants to get in the door, and there's much more competition at that level. But don't let that discourage you. While breaking through certainly won't be easy, the following three steps will increase your chances of landing that tough account:
1. Prepare before you call. Get as much information about the account as you can from the company's website and annual reports. Check out newspaper clippings that highlight the company's goals, product line or future endeavors. Find out the name of the company's CEO, and Google it to learn some business and personal information that can be useful later.
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
Join the internet’s leading entrepreneur community! With your subscription you’ll get:
- Access to all of our premium content and an ad-free experience
- A complimentary subscription to Entrepreneur Magazine
- Four free e-books a year and 20% off everything from our bookstore
- Exclusive events with business celebrities and successful entrepreneurs