Partnering up? Know what you're getting into first.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
Business partnerships can be complicated, just like romanticones. The sins (and debts) of one partner can afflict the other,and even the tightest contract won't protect you from anincompetent colleague. So before you start negotiating anypartnership, take these three key steps.
1. Double-check your decision to take on a partner. Bestraight with yourself. Are you looking for expertise, money,contacts or just someone to compensate for your weaknesses? Makesure your prospective partner is really bringing something to theparty.
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
For just $5, you can get unlimited access to all Entrepreneur’s premium content. You’ll find:
- Digestible insight on how to be a better entrepreneur and leader
- Lessons for starting and growing a business from our expert network of CEOs and founders
- Meaningful content to help you make sharper decisions
- Business and life hacks to help you stay ahead of the curve