Want to pump up sales? Then think like a stellar sales champion, and watch your business shoot through the roof.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
Put a group of sales champions in a room, and what do you find?You find salespeople of all shapes, sizes, temperaments and stylesof selling. Some are more aggressive than others. Some are moreconsultative. Some are highly educated, some not so. So how do youknow they're champs? Because they're the ones whoconsistently build the business, keep the territory and retaintheir customers. And they share these five traits:
1. Attitude: Attitude makesall the difference. A particular situation may get a sales champdown, but she will not let it take her out of the game. If saleschamps can't get to a difficult prospect today, they make along-term plan to keep trying to make contact over the next sixmonths to a year. If a great deal falls through, they study whatwent wrong and improve their approach for the next time. If theycan't change a situation, they change their attitude about it.They won't allow the world to defeat them.
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
For just $5, you can get unlimited access to all Entrepreneur’s premium content. You’ll find:
- Digestible insight on how to be a better entrepreneur and leader
- Lessons for starting and growing a business from our expert network of CEOs and founders
- Meaningful content to help you make sharper decisions
- Business and life hacks to help you stay ahead of the curve