Meeting a New Customer
Four simple ways to make your meeting with that new customer a success.
Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
There's nothing like a first meeting with a customer to get your nerves rattled. Here are four steps you can take so when that first meeting rolls around, you'll be the best salesperson you can be:
1. Do your research. Look up the company on the Internet. Search for articles about the company in newspapers and magazines. Talk to people in the same industry. To develop your contacts, start collecting business cards from everyone you meet. I have hundreds of cards from people I've met over the years; I keep them catalogued by industry. Then, if I need information on a particular industry, I have 15 or 20 people I can call on for advice and insight.
Continue reading this article — and all of our other premium content with Entrepreneur+
For just $5, you can get unlimited access to all Entrepreneur’s premium content. You’ll find:
- Digestible insight on how to be a better entrepreneur and leader
- Lessons for starting and growing a business from our expert network of CEOs and founders
- Meaningful content to help you make sharper decisions
- Business and life hacks to help you stay ahead of the curve