ENTREPRENEUR® NEXT CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Entrepreneur® NEXT Contest (the “Contest”) is open to any person, who, as of the entry date: (a) is eighteen (18) years of age or older; and (b) has a business idea, or is the owner of either a business in the process starting up or an existing business, (i) with headquarters within the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, (ii) which has no more than 25 employees (both fulltime and part-time), and (iii) which has as its goal providing products and/or services designed to improve people’s lives. Any and all employees, officers, directors, agents and other authorized representatives of (i) Entrepreneur Media, Inc. (“Sponsor”), (ii) Assemble Technologies Inc. (“Assemble Technologies”), and (iii) their respective Affiliates, and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such immediate family members (whether related or not) of any of the foregoing (collectively, “Sponsor Parties”) are not eligible to participate in the Contest. (As used herein, “Affiliates” means any person or entity, who/which, directly or indirectly through one of more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, Sponsor or Assemble Technologies.) The Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
The computer clock of Sponsor is the official time-keeping device in the Contest.
2.HOW TO PARTICIPATE. To participate, go to www.entrepreneur.com/nextcontest (“Contest Website”) during the Contest Entry Period. YOU will then be directed to a registration form (“Contest Entry Form”), which YOU will need to complete by entering certain information, including: (a) YOUR name, business title, email address, telephone number, YOUR company name and company address; (b) whether you have a business idea or a startup or existing business and the industry in which YOUR business is or will be involved; (c) how YOUR business aims to improve people’s lives; and (d) with what project can Entrepreneur NEXT help YOUR business achieve that goal.
LIMIT OF ONE (1) CONTEST ENTRY FORM PER PERSON, PER EMAIL ADDRESS AND PER BUSINESS.
3. REQUIREMENTS OF CONTEST ENTRIES. By submitting a Contest Entry Form, YOU represent and warrant that the contents thereof are, in all respects, accurate and truthful, and that YOUR Contest Entry Form shall at no time contain content, which is illegal, inappropriate or otherwise not in good taste, including any content that:
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Contest Entry Form, which it, acting in its sole discretion, considers in violation of any of the foregoing requirements.
4. SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNERS. During the Judging Period, a Panel of Judges, consisting of various members of Sponsor’s Editorial Department and members of Assemble Technologies, shall select from among those eligible Contest Entry Forms a single Winner-Designate. The Winner-Designate will be notified in writing via email within three (3) business days after close of the Judging Period, and will be sent via nationally-recognized courier service an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (the "Affidavit") and IRS Form W-9. The Winner-Designate must sign, date, and have the Affidavit notarized and complete the Form W-9 and return both documents by U.S. mail or courier service to Sponsor’s street address identified in Paragraph 13 below. The completed Affidavit and Form W-9 MUST be RECEIVED by Sponsor BY NO LATER THAN FOURTEEN (14) DAYS after first-attempted delivery to the Winner-Designate’s street address identified in the Contest Entry Form. If a Winner-Designate cannot be found or fails to timely complete and return the Affidavit and Form W-9 in accordance with these Official Rules, that Winner-Designate will immediately and automatically be disqualified, and replaced by a new Winner-Designate selected by the Panel of Judges, who will then be subject to the same deadline for completing and returning the Affidavit and Form W-9. The Winner-Designate, who fully and properly completes and timely returns the Affidavit and Form W-9, will be confirmed by Sponsor as the Winner and be entitled to the Prize identified in Paragraph 5 below. The Winner’s name and the name of Winner’s company will be announced and posted on the Contest Website as set forth in Paragraph 12 below.
5. PRIZE. The Contestant selected as the Winner will be entitled to receive up to five thousand and 00/100 U.S. dollars (U.S.$5,000.00) worth of consulting services provided at no cost by Entrepreneur NEXT through its partner Assemble Technologies, a one-stop shop for using technology and teams of vetted experts to efficiently provide customized digital solutions for the challenges and obstacles faced by emerging and small businesses, including such issues as website and e-commerce, sales and growth, and marketing and branding. The specific team or teams, headed by qualified project managers, will be selected and provided to the Winner by Entrepreneur NEXT, based on the specific business project identified in the Winner’s Contest Entry Form.
6. JUDGING CRITERIA. The Panel of Judges shall select the Winner-Designate from among all eligible Contest Entry Forms, based on the information provided in each such Form as described in Paragraph 2 above and in particular based on: (a) how the Contestant’s business aims to improve people’s lives; and (b) with what project Entrepreneur NEXT could help the Contestant’s business achieve that goal.
7. CONTESTANT WARRANTIES AND CONSENTS.
7.1 By completing and submitting a Contest Entry Form, YOU: (a) warrant and represent that YOU have read and agree to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) warrant and represent that YOU are eligible under these Official Rules to participate in the Contest; (c) warrant and represent that all of the information contained in the Contest Entry Form, as well as any other information provided in response to Sponsor's request (if applicable), is accurate, does not violate any third party's legal rights (including without limitation, right of privacy), and otherwise does not violate applicable law; (d) consent to the irrevocable use in perpetuity by any of the Sponsor Parties (as defined in Paragraph 1 above) of YOUR name and/or likeness and any information provided hereunder to Sponsor or, for promotional purposes (whether in print, online or in any other media now known or hereafter developed), without further notice or additional compensation and unless prohibited by applicable law; and (e) agree, if selected and confirmed as the Winner, to be solely responsible for any and all tax consequences as a result of accepting and receiving the Prize.
7.2 By completing and submitting a Contest Entry Form, YOU also agree to receive via YOUR email address information about and promotions of Sponsor’s various products and services.
7.3 If selected and confirmed as the Winner and for a period of one (1) year thereafter, YOU agree: (a) to make yourself available, on up to two (2) separate occasions and on such reasonable dates and times as agreed upon by both parties, to be interviewed, whether in-person or telephonically, by or on behalf of Sponsor; and (b) that Sponsor shall own all rights, title and interest in and to the contents of such interviews, including copyrights therein and the right in perpetuity to reproduce, publish and otherwise distribute such content, whether in whole or in part, in and on Sponsor’s various media outlets, including without limitation Sponsor’s print and/or digital magazines, websites such as entrepreneur.com, and social media channels.
8. SPONSOR RIGHTS. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without liability therefor:
(a) to make all decisions concerning eligibility, which decisions shall be final and binding;
(b) to disqualify any Contestant, who it determines (i) is ineligible, (ii) has submitted inaccurate information in connection with the Contest, including information in the Contest Entry Form, (iii) has been responsible (whether alone or with others) for tampering with any aspect of the Contest, or (iv) to have otherwise violated the Official Rules or applicable law; and
(c) to suspend, cancel or modify the Contest at any time if a virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts or interferes with the administration, security or functionality of the Contest or Contest Website, or if the process for conducting and/or concluding the Contest cannot be completed as planned for any reason whatsoever.
9. NO LIABILITY. By participating in the Contest, YOU acknowledge, understand and agree:
(a) that neither Sponsor, Assemble Technologies nor any of their respective Affiliates, nor any of the officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, and other authorized representatives of any of the foregoing parties (collectively, the "Released Parties") are responsible for, and shall be liable for: (i) Contest Entry Forms or any other Contest documentation or communications, which are late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible (as applicable); (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer damage, malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond their control, including without limitation technical malfunctions of telephone networks or lines, servers, networks, or computer systems, human error, defective computer equipment, or traffic congestion on the Internet, that may disrupt or corrupt access or communication to/from the Contest Website; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind whatsoever resulting from, or related in any manner to, participation in the Contest or the receipt, possession or use of any of the Prizes; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
(b) that the Released Parties have no obligation to advise YOU that YOU have submitted an incomplete or otherwise non-compliant Contest Entry Form.
(c) that the Prize is being provided "as is" and without any express or implied warranties.
(d) to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind, resulting from, or related in any manner to, the Contest or YOUR acceptance or use of the Prize, including without limitation claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and invasion of privacy.
10. CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION:Except where prohibited and except if and to the extent that the Federal laws of the United States apply, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Contestants, including the Winner-Designate, Winner and the Sponsor Parties, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to the Contest or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the Federal and state courts having jurisdiction in Orange County, California. By participating in this Contest, YOU hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction YOU might have.
11. TAX INFORMATION. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on the receipt and/or use of the Prize hereunder, and any other costs and expenses associated therewith, are the sole responsibility of the recipient thereof.
12. WINNER’S NAME:The Winner’s name and name of Winner’s company will be posted on the Contest Website at www.entrepreneur.com/nextcontest, within ten (10) days after the Winner has been selected and for at least thirty (30) days thereafter.
13. CONTEST CONTACT INFORMATION:
Sponsor: Entrepreneur Media, Inc.Attn: Entrepreneur® NEXT Contest