Video Terms To Know Five words to know before shopping for video-conferencing equipment.
Here are the common video-conferencing terms you'll run intowhen buying equipment:
- Bandwidth: The amount of information that can be sent over thenetwork per second. The higher the bandwidth, the clearer the audioand video.
- ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network): An internationaltelecommunications standard for transmitting voice, video and dataover digital lines at 128 Kbps
- PCI (Peripheral Component Interconnect) capture card: Aninternal card or board that captures the image being transmittedand allows you to store a still photo from the screen image to ahard or floppy disk for printing
- USB (Universal Serial Bus): A standard that allows forplug-and-play installation of peripherals into USB-compatible PCs.USB connections move data faster than serial and parallelports
- White board: Videoconferencing jargon for the on-screen picturewindow that the software displays on your PC monitor. Users candraw and write on white boards.