5 Financial Myths That Are Keeping You From Becoming a Millionaire
Free Book Preview Money-Smart Solopreneur
In this video, Entrepreneur Network partner Jeff Rose explains some damaging myths people believe about millionaires, as well as how these beliefs became so widespread. Here are five of the most common.
- Millionaires inherited most of their money. In reality, Rose says a minority of millionaires achieved their riches through inheritance. Most people saved, invested and truly believed in themselves to make millions.
- Millionaires are just plain lucky. Most millionaires put themselves in front of new opportunities — some of which may end in failure — so they can be in front of a integral chance at change.
- Millionaires make risky investments. In actuality, millionaires are cautious when weighing risk against reward. As Warren Buffett says, risking what is important to you in order to get what is not important to you is a bad investment decision.
- Millionaires take stupid risks that could pay off exponentially down the road. Not every person can take wild risks and come out on top. Most likely, to inch toward a million dollars, it's best to exercise caution.
- Millionaires must graduate from a prestigious school. Many millionaires did graduate from college, but often with a degree from a public school; of course, some millionaires do not even attend college.
Click the video to hear more about each millionaire myth.
Entrepreneur Network is a premium video network providing entertainment, education and inspiration from successful entrepreneurs and thought leaders. We provide expertise and opportunities to accelerate brand growth and effectively monetize video and audio content distributed across all digital platforms for the business genre.
EN is partnered with hundreds of top YouTube channels in the business vertical. Watch video from our network partners on demand on Roku, Apple TV and the Entrepreneur App available on iOS and Android devices.