Hayes Handpiece Franchises Inc.
At a Glance
Products & Services: Dental handpiece repairs
Number of Locations: 84
Total Investment: $38.8K - $58.4K
Began Franchising: 1995
About Hayes Handpiece Franchises Inc.On average, dentists have five to 15 handpieces that need to be serviced each year, and some handpieces need to be maintained more frequently. John Hayes owned a dental equipment business when he realized handpiece repair was the most profitable and least time-consuming aspect of his business. He and his wife, Jo, founded Hayes Handpiece in Carlsbad, California, in 1989 as an alternative to handpiece manufacturers and dental supply houses that have long turnaround times and higher prices. Their son Joe now runs the franchise portion of the company.
The stores offer free pick-up and delivery and 24-hour turnaround. While they occasionally sell new handpieces as well, they specialize in selling rebuilt, used handpieces.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $35,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 3-6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Franchise Ranking History
- A Step Into the Unknown Pays Off for Franchising Couple
- Chipotle Just Introduced Two New Ways for You to Get Your Burrito Fix
- Do Your Homework Before You Open a Franchise Business -- or, in This Case, Five
- Why Domino's Doesn't Need to Go Full-On Fast Casual
- Dunkin' Sales Warm Up Despite Frigid Winter