At a Glance
Products & Services: Marble/stone restoration & preservation services
Number of Locations: 52
Total Investment: $66.1K - $225.1K
Began Franchising: 1989
About MarbleLifeChalking up service to big names like Aaron Spelling and Frank Sinatra, as well as premier properties like the J. Paul Getty Museum, Rockefeller Center and the Beverly Hills Hotel, Marblelife's franchisees provide cleaning, protecting and restoring for natural and dimensional stone surfaces worldwide.
Marblelife was founded in 1988 by Ed Williams, a top Union Carbide Marble Care franchisee who bought that company. After several successful years in the Midwest, Williams moved franchise headquarters to Texas.
Today more than 45 franchisees in the United States and abroad, including Australia, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, Chile, Thailand, Portugal, Canada, Ireland and Aruba, provide services for the owners of upscale homes and commercial properties.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $15,000 - $110,500
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $75,000
Liquid Cash Available: $50,000
OperationsFranchise can be run from home. 25% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 3. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (97% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Fast-Food Giants' Top Cheese Supplier Embroiled in Shocking Animal Abuse Scandal
- Franchise Players: Why a Fro-Yo Franchise Was the Right Fit for This Single Mother of Six
- Taco Bell's New Sister Restaurant Apologizes for 'Communist' Logo
- Before You Jump Into the World of Franchises, Ask Yourself These 5 Questions
- Franchise Players: Finding a Franchise With a 'Family' Feel