Download the PDF version of the pitching guidelines
Pitch Your Business to Be Featured In Entrepreneur
At the “pitch Entrepreneur” session at the Growth Conference, we'll be looking for companies that might be a good fit for our magazine or website.
Because of time restrictions, you'll only have about three minutes to pitch the editors in person—so make sure you come prepared. Briefly describe what your company does, and who you are (don't be shy –we want to hear what inspired you to start the business, or why you have a special expertise to run it.)
Keep in mind, we're primarily looking for entrepreneurs whose stories illustrate lessons that other readers can learn from. To help focus your three-minute pitch, please consider the following questions:
- What do you think is interesting or newsworthy about your company? Explain briefly.
- What key challenges or obstacles did you overcome while starting and/or growing your company? Explain briefly.
- Do you use any innovative or unusual marketing or sale strategies, financing strategies or management techniques? Briefly explain what you do and why it is innovative.
- Have you developed an innovative product, service or technology? Explain briefly.
- Is there a specific marketing/sales strategy, financing method or management technique that has greatly helped your business's growth? Explain briefly.
Once we receive your information at the Growth Conference, if we are interested in pursuing your story, someone from Entrepreneur will contact you to follow up.