At a Glance
Products & Services: Philly cheesesteaks, grilled subs, fries, salads
Number of Locations: 516
Total Investment: $101.6K - $465.3K
Began Franchising: 1991
About Charleys Philly SteaksVisits to his relatives near Philadelphia inspired Charley Shin's entrepreneurial spirit, and he saw his future in cheesesteak sandwiches. In 1986, Shin opened his first Charley's Grilled Subs at Ohio State University. The then-22-year-old's restaurant became an instant hit with professors and students.
Since then Shin has expanded to locations nationwide. In 1999, he was named Entrepreneur of the Year by Ernst & Young.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $24,500
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Net Worth: $300,000
Liquid Cash Available: $100,000
OperationsNumber of employees needed to run franchised unit: 20. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- 5 Ways Tech Is Forever Changing Fitness Franchises
- Introducing Entrepreneur's Top New Franchises to Watch
- KFC's Drumstick Corsages Are the Latest Quirky, Millennial-Targeted Fast-Food Experiment
- Catch the Public's Eyes and Ears as a Storyteller
- Franchise Players: This Customer Bought a Franchise to Save It From Closing