At a Glance
Products & Services: Carpet, drapery and upholstery cleaning; tile and stone care
Number of Locations: 3,522
Total Investment: $29.95K - $131K
Began Franchising: 1978
About Chem-Dry Carpet & Upholstery CleaningRobert Harris worked as a carpet cleaner to pay for his law school tuition. He found the cleaning methods being used were not getting the job done and set about developing new solutions to get carpets cleaner. Harris started using his new solution to clean carpets for family and friends, and demand for his services quickly grew. In 1977, Harris founded Chem-Dry to bring his new cleaning methods to more customers.
Chem-Dry began franchising in 1978 and now has locations in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia and the United Kingdom. In 2006, Chem-Dry was acquired by The Home Depot.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $14,950 - $19,500
Ongoing Royalty Fee: $350/mo.
Term of Franchise Agreement: 5 years, renewable
Net Worth: $25,000
Liquid Cash Available: $25,000
OperationsFranchise can be run from home. 35% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Franchise Players: A Pet Care Franchisee Changed Her Life at 21
- Buying a Franchise? What to Look for in a Company's History
- Franchise Players: A Franchisee Explores the Developing Field of Vapor Stores
- Franchise Players: One Logistics Franchisee's 11 Keys to Franchising
- Sbarro, a Food-Court Staple, May File for Bankruptcy as Early as Next Week