At a Glance
Products & Services: Hotels
Number of Locations: 470
Total Investment: $6.8M - $8.1M
Began Franchising: 1987
About Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonIn 1987 Curt Carlson founded Country Inns & Suites, a companion to his family of hotels and restaurants that includes Radisson Hotels and TGI Friday's. The hotels, which are located in metropolitan and rural areas, feature studios and one-bedroom suites that may have refrigerators and microwaves.
For business travelers, Country Inns offer breakfast rooms, meeting rooms and lobbies that can be used for meetings. Locations also feature pools, coin-operated laundry facilities and exercise facilities. All guests are given complimentary breakfast, cookies and a morning paper. At each hotel, children under 18 stay free with an adult.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $50,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 15 years
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- IHOP Is Giving Away Free Pancakes for National Pancake Day
- How This Former Pharmaceutical Exec Invented the 'Eggnut'
- The Future Has Arrived: You Can Now Order Pizza From Your Smartwatch
- How to Finesse the 4 Biggest Workplace Distractions
- Why I Opened an Xtend Barre Studio After 15 Years in the Finance Industry