At a Glance
Products & Services: Decorating services and products
Number of Locations: 33
Total Investment: $49.6K - $58.9K
Began Franchising: 1998
About Decor&YouKaren Powell and Josie Cicerale started Decor & More, an interior decorating business made up of independent homebased decorators, in 1994. To help their company grow, the partners decided to franchise their concept and in 1998 launched the Decor&You franchise program.
Decor & You franchisees work with owners and renters of homes and condominiums, using furnishings, carpets, wall and window coverings and other elements to change the looks of kitchens, bedrooms, offices and more.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $25,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 10%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Net Worth: $100,000
Liquid Cash Available: $30,000
OperationsFranchise can be run from home. 50% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 1. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Tesla's Direct-Sales Model Banned in New Jersey
- Chili's Ups Its Marketing Game By Pushing Its Do-Good Social Programs
- Frank Ocean Tells Chipotle to 'F--k Off' After Chain Sues the Singer
- Franchise Players: A Pet Care Franchisee Changed Her Life at 21
- Buying a Franchise? What to Look for in a Company's History