Dippin' Dots Franchising LLC
At a Glance
Products & Services: Specialty ice cream, frozen yogurt, ices, sorbets
Number of Locations: 145
Total Investment: $119.7K - $366.95K
Began Franchising: 1999
About Dippin' Dots Franchising LLCResearch biotechnologist Curt Jones used his expertise in cryogenic freezing processes to find new ways to produce ice cream. After nearly a year of experimenting with the idea of flash-freezing his family's homemade ice cream, Jones created and sold his first cups of Dippin' Dots ice cream in 1988.
Because of Jones' flash-freezing process, Dippin' Dots ice cream forms into little balls (hence the term "dots"), but unlike freeze-dried products, the ice cream can still melt.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $15,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: Varies
Term of Franchise Agreement: 5 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $250,000
Liquid Cash Available: $80,000
OperationsFranchise can be run from home. 90% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 1. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Franchise Players: The Confusing Realities of Regulation
- Do You Let Employees Show Their Tattoos? Starbucks Doesn't But That May Change.
- Activist Investor Tells Olive Garden to Google 'How to Cook Pasta'
- Franchise Players: Why Franchisees Have to Be Owners, Accountants, Janitors and Everything in Between
- 4 Franchises That Pulled Off a Major Pivot