Dippin' Dots Franchising LLC
At a Glance
Products & Services: Specialty ice cream, frozen yogurt, ices, sorbet
Number of Locations: 129
Total Investment: $80K - $366K
Began Franchising: 1999
About Dippin' Dots Franchising LLCResearch biotechnologist Curt Jones used his expertise in cryogenic freezing processes to find new ways to produce ice cream. After nearly a year of experimenting with the idea of flash-freezing his family's homemade ice cream, Jones created and sold his first cups of Dippin' Dots ice cream in 1988.
Because of Jones' flash-freezing process, Dippin' Dots ice cream forms into little balls (hence the term "dots"), but unlike freeze-dried products, the ice cream can still melt.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $15,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: Varies
Term of Franchise Agreement: 5 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $250,000
Liquid Cash Available: $80,000
OperationsFranchise can be run from home. 90% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 1. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Franchise Ranking History
- Need to Hire? The Benefits of Using a Staffing Agency.
- 10 Franchises Reveal What They Look for in a Franchisee
- Your Franchisor Is Not Going to Run Your Business For You
- 3 Productivity Hacks for Launching a Business While Holding Down a Day Job
- Panel Says It's Time Fast-Food Employees in New York Receive a Major Pay Increase