At a Glance
Products & Services: Parent/child play and learning programs
Number of Locations: 707
Total Investment: $106.7K - $273.5K
Began Franchising: 1978
About Gymboree Play & Music
San Francisco mother Joan Barnes created the Gymboree Play & Music Program in 1976 when she couldn't find a safe place for new parents and children to play and exercise together. There are now locations across the United States and throughout the world. Gymboree Play & Music centers offer different classes each week for children ranging from newborn through 4 years old. Classes are designed to stimulate the senses and encourage children's development.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $25,000 - $45,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: Discounts on opening inventory
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $250,000
Liquid Cash Available: $70,000
Operations44% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 3 - 4. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- How the Navy Prepared Me for Franchising
- The Story of How McDonald's All-Day Breakfast Came to Be
- 11 Chains That Now Deliver (If You Live in a Certain Area)
- The Business Secrets of the Largest Hardee's Franchisee in Florida
- Gluten-Free, Organic or GMO-Free: What Matters Most to Fast-Casual Customers?