At a Glance
Products & Services: New and used children's and maternity clothing and products
Number of Locations: 110
Total Investment: $248.98K - $373.5K
Began Franchising: 1994
About Kid to KidShauna Sloan dragged her husband Brent into an upscale children's resale store in 1992. As an attorney and shopping center executive, Brent was surprised by the second-hand store's chic clientele. Convinced that no operator had fully maximized the potential of the resale concept, the Sloans set out to create a children's resale format, traveling cross-country to visit stores and talk with customers, managers and owners.
Later that same year, the Sloans opened their first store in Sandy, Utah. They opened a second store within the year, with the first franchise location opening in 1994.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $25,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: $5,000 off franchise fee
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $70,000
Liquid Cash Available: $70,000
Operations31% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 4. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (90% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- 7 Chain Restaurants Where You Can Find Fourth of July Deals
- Just 35, She's Already Been a Principal in 3 Successful Fitness Franchises
- Will These Franchises From Down Under Come Out on Top in America?
- 'Mother Knows Best' Inspired This Franchisee to Truly Listen to the Music
- These 2 Franchisee-Moms Aim to Fill the Gaps in STEM Education