My Friend's Place
At a Glance
Products & Services: Sandwiches, salads, desserts, catering
Number of Locations: 10
Total Investment: $156.7K - $260.4K
Began Franchising: 1990
About My Friend's PlaceDavid and Rosalind Katz wanted to start a shoe store, but didn't have the funds to purchase inventory let alone start an entire business. Instead of giving up, the Katzes moved to plan B, opening a sandwich shop in the Atlanta suburb of Sandy Springs in 1980.
My Friend's Place locations specialize in freshly prepared tuna, chicken and egg salad sandwiches. Each shop also offers other sandwich choice, soups, salads and desserts.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $20,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 15 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $200,000
Operations4% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 5. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Franchise Ranking History
- Former In-N-Out Employees Get Entrepreneurial and Open Their Own Franchise
- Starbucks, Chipotle and 6 More Food Chains Scare Up Business With Halloween Deals
- Chipotle Employees Claim the Chain Isn't as Worker-Friendly as You Think
- Finding Success as a Female Franchisee in a Male-Dominated Industry
- As Football Season Approaches, Buffalo Wild Wings Raises Prices